Thursday, February 19, 2009

Newest Adventure

The Buck family has expanded by six today...six chicks that is. A few years ago Brian and I were watching a pbs gardening show, the spotlighted garden had chickens running around, the host said that Chickens give a garden "whimsy." Brian and I always enjoy a little whimsy, so we knew that when we "grew-up", we wanted some whimsy of our own. For the last couple years Brian's been reading backyard chicken rearing books and for the past month he's been constructing a great chicken coop in the garage. Today six little baby chicks arrived in the mail. I'm not really an animal softy, but they are so cute! Chick mortality rates are apparently a little high, and every one is warning me not to get to attached, but they are so soft and sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how cute! You guys are so adventurous, I don't think that's the right word I'm looking for but you are right little firecracker!

    ReplyDelete