Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Chairs


It seems that our family is always working on some type of project, It's like HGTV around here. A couple of weeks ago someone gave us some old chairs. The chairs were comfy and in good shape, but didn't match my house, so I decide to give recovering them a try. I looked into slip covers, but can you say ugly and expensive. I decided to use the fabric that I had used to recover another chair in my front room and that I had also made the drapes out of. Luckily I was able to still find it and I found a matching solid upholstry fabric in the two dollar a yard table. I used an old bed skirt and old white shirt to make pattern pieces and with my mom's help I was able to cover the cushions in the stripe fabric, and make a fitted slip covers out of the solid fabric for the bodies of the chairs. I think they turned out pretty nice! Mom sewed the piping which I think really helped them look finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment